Extreme Startups reveals their second cohort
Extreme Startups, the Toronto-based accelerator which launched earlier this year, has announced the five startups participating their second cohort. The 12-week program is already underway and will wrap up with a Demo Day on November 28th.
All of the startups have already received $50,000 in funding. They'll also get an additional $150,000 from BDC (Business Development Bank of Canada) upon completion of the program. In exchange, the accelerator takes 10% equity.
Here’s a rundown of the new cohort:
- Kera: Users build in-app tutorials that can interact with page elements like buttons, text inputs and forms.
- Picatic: A crowdfunding platform for the event ticketing and event management space.
- MyShoebox: Provides unlimited free photo backup in the cloud.
- Shifthub: A SaaS-based staff scheduling platform.
- Venio: A healthy meal planning app.
Extreme Startups is also taking on five additional startups. These are early-stage companies that aren't yet ready for the full program. They are:
- Bebedo: A platform that allows users to find nearby classes, activities and events.
- BRIKA: An online shopping platform for established and emerging artisans.
- MommiesFirst: Service that delivers monthly care packages to new and expecting moms.
- Pictoreo: A free app that allows users to add motion to their picutres.
- Relay: A social and entertainment platform for your smartphone.
For more on Extreme Startups, go to: www.extremestartups.com