Demo Day for Toronto's JOLT
It's Demo Day at JOLT.
Startups at the Toronto-based accelerator are busy preparing their presentations for the event, which is set to begin at 3pm (ET) at Steam Whistle Brewing’s Roundhouse building.
After 16 weeks of "brainstorming, business modelling, brand building and pitch polishing", the six startups are ready to show off all their hard work.
- eProf: An educational community where teachers and students connect in an interactive virtual classroom; the platform gives teachers an easy way to consolidate their teaching materials and reach out to students
- Venngage: An online platform for creating beautiful and compelling infographics in minutes; users can integrate APIs and spreadsheets into reports to produce stunning one-page infographics
- ShelfLife: A social commerce platform that allows fans of collectibles to buy, sell and collect the things they love most; also matches buyers and sellers
- SlingRide: An online ridesharing network that allows drivers and passengers to safely connect, co-ordinate and reduce their cost of travel; drivers set their own fee, post their rides and review and approve all potential passengers before meeting, while passengers can search for rides, review and learn more about drivers, make booking requests, co-ordinate pickup and drop-off locations as well as send online payments
- Greengage Mobile: A software platform which includes a sustainability-focused smartphone app that works as both an employee engagement tool and a management system; employees learn how to be more sustainable and get rewards for completed sustainable actions through the interactive, social and "gamified" app
- Tout.it: A social media platform for sports fans
JOLT also accepting applications for its Winter 2013 cohort. The deadline to apply is November 4th.
You can also apply directly through AngelList.
For more on JOLT go to: jolt.marsdd.com